Thanks to everyone who joined us for our last FACT meeting. It was a difficult location and time. It was also the first time we have tried to have a business meeting at CTC. We learned what not to do and will have a better meeting next time. Although the meeting was short, we got a lot done, but there is still a lot to do.
Call for Proposals
FACT has been asked to present two workshops at the NACM Annual Conference in Orlando. The two sessions we have been assigned are scheduled for Monday, July 16 at 10:15 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. The theme for Monday’s classes/workshops is Governance. NACM suggests something along the lines of “governance structure for technology planning and implementation.”
At this time, I am asking for proposals from all FACT members to fill these workshop slots. Please use the following form to verify you are submitting the correct information. All proposals are due by end of business Friday, November 11, 2011. Proposals will be reviewed by the NACM Conference Committee and selected proposals will be informed in January.
1. Title: (short: benefits-oriented title of six to eight words)
2. Program Description: (Description, of 50 words or less, to be published with the learning objectives [below] in the conference guide to promote your session.)
3. Program Abstract: (200- to 400-word summary)
4. Learning Objectives: (List four learning objectives or outcomes for session participants, noting what they will be able to do as a result of participating in this session.)
6. Program Format:
___ Short Lecture: Present a short lecture at the session’s start to generate discussion, or provide a series of short lectures, each followed by discussion.
___ Case Studies: This format presents facts, problems, and/or data with questions to generate discussions and solutions.
___ Graphic Presentation: Videotape, film, computer display, PowerPoint, and other media may be used as the basis of this discussion.
___ Panel Presentations: A moderator coordinates a series of short lectures and/or a Q&A session.
___ Other: Define other format.
7. Speaker(s): (name, title, 100-200 words about background relevant to proposed presentation)
FACT Steering Committee Minutes October 4, 2011, Long Beach, CA
Meeting called to order at 1:15 p.m.
- Meagan O’Leary, Infax
- Maddie Alexander, Infax
- Cecily Waters, Infax
- Dennis Finch, Dennis Finch Consulting
- Kyle Snowden, Tyler Technologies
- Brent Wigen, MTG
- Jared Pedersen, URL Integration
- Bob Roper, URL Integration
- Kerry Ward, Tybera Development Group
- Lane Turner, ACS a Xerox Company
- John Greacen, Greacen Associates
- Gary Egner, AmCAD
- Derrill Williams, For the Record
- Michele Oken, NACM – Secretary Treasurer
- Jenny Bunch, CourtView Justice
- Darin Rasmussen, Thomson Reuters
- Marlene Martineau, New Dawn Technologies
- Minutes from July meeting were approved.
- Planning Committee Reports:
- Looking for volunteers to help define a strategic plan for FACT.
- Attached is an overview of the plans for the plan.
- Committee will hold monthly conference calls until the document is finished.
- Draft is scheduled to be complete by February 1, 2012.
- Final scheduled to be complete by July 2012 meeting.
- Membership & Outreach Committee reports:
- Committee is waiting on strategic plan to begin membership changes. Will start working on a draft after strategic plan draft is released in February.
- In the meantime, will work on a FACT version of Chris Crawford’s Top 10 Court Websites award. New name, nomination process and selection criteria will be ready by Feb 1. It is the plan to open up for nominations in February and award winners in July.
- Finance Committee report:
- Membership has decreased. We need to find a way to increase membership. This idea will be tackled once the membership committee looks at different options.
- FACT will maintain current sponsorships for NACM until we can get a budget approved. We will revisit these sponsorships next year.
- Our governance document says that we will present a budget for approval at the Oct meeting. This did not occur but this committee will get a budget released for review and approval by the end of the year.
- For the Technology FACTs column, we have a tentative commitment from Snorri in Orange County for an article on e-forms. We are looking for additional articles for upcoming issues, please send me information/requests if you have any suggestions or are willing to write an article.
- Affiliate reports:
- NACM. David Slayton sends his regrets. Michele Oken reports that NACM is working on the following the 2012 budget and core competencies re-evaluation. Upcoming conferences are in Feb in MN and July in Orlando.
- IJIS Court Advisory committee was bumped from the July Board of Directors agenda but has been added to the October agenda. More information to come.
- Financial committee to complete a 2012 budget for review and approval by December 31, 2011.
- Planning committee to complete draft of strategic plan by February 1, 2012.
- Membership committee to complete nomination process and selection criteria of Top 10 Court Websites award by February 1, 2012.
- Planning committee to complete final strategic plan for approval and votes in July 2012.
- Membership committee to complete a draft of membership and outreach plan by July 2012.
Meeting adjourned at 1:45 pm.