FACT General Membership meeting minutes
Los Angeles, California
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Marlene Martineau, Chair email@example.com
Michele Oken, Vice Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Lynn Morgan, FACT Steering Committee email@example.com
Bruce Bevis, Thomson Reuters
Kevin Bowling, NACM Immediate Past President firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Bunch, CJS
Troy Burke, Extract Systems email@example.com
Jessica Cottle, New Dawn Technologies firstname.lastname@example.org
Tony Douglas, FTR/Court Record Solutions
Frank Felice, New Dawn Technologies email@example.com
Riley Miles, New Dawn Technologies firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Phipps, NCRA Christine@phippsreporting.com
Linda Romero-Soles, NACM member
Alan Slater, Retired CEO, Orange County email@example.com
Brad Smith, Mentis Technology Solutions BradSmith@MentisTechnology.com
Karl Thoennes, NACM Board Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Wheeler (for Brent Wigen) MTG
The FACT meeting was called to order by Marlene Martineau and introductions were made.
Ms. Martineau then gave an update as follows:
- FACT sponsored the wifi for NACM’s 2013 Midyear and Annual Conferences.
- A Technology SIG will be recommended for the Annual Conference in San Antonio.
- NCSC’s Court Technology Conference (CTC): What’s the Big Idea? An opportunity to submit ideas for the conference (information on the NCSC website); FACT will be teaming up with Courtroom 21 to present at CTC.
- Top 10 websites: information will be posted on the website and in the upcoming newsletter.
- Elections for 2013-2014: Three steering committee positions will become available. Michele Oken, Vice Chair, will oversee the election. Information will be sent to all FACT members in April outlining the process.
- FACT’s Strategic Plan was adopted by the Steering Committee on January 13, 2013.
- FACT members will actively participate on the committee for the NACM Mini Guide on Technology
- A discussion was held about updating FACT’s non-technical guide to Court Technology published in 1999.
- A FACT newsletter will be distributed late February, early March.
- The Steering Committee created a special education committee to address items in the strategic plan.
- Committee chairs finalized as follows:
- Communications: Jenny Bunch
- Planning: Marlene Martineau
- Membership: SueLynn Morgan, Chelle Uecker
- Education: Martin Gruen, Bob Roper, Chelle Uecker
- Finance: Stephanie Hess, Michele Oken
Michele distributed the current FACT Budget on behalf of Stephanie Hess, NACM Secretary/Treasurer (see attached budget).
Marlene distributed the summary of goals for the strategic plan. The remainder of the meeting was spent discussing each goal and action item (chart with meeting notes attached hereto).
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 4:45 p.m.
Michele Oken, Vice Chair
NACM Vice President